Move over extra virgin olive oil, hello avocado oil! A 2008 study revealed that consumption of avocado oil over a six-month period significantly reduced the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. Here are some more reasons why you should try it.
• It’s over seventy percent monounsaturated fat – the good kind of fat.
• It helps to lower cholesterol.
• It has one of the highest smoke points of any oil, making it incredibly safe to cook with.
• Its high vitamin E content makes it good for your skin and hair.
• And it adds a whole new flavour profile to foods!
Refreshing Avocado Lime Vinaigrette
juice from 2 limes, squeezed thoroughly
1/2 cup avocado oil
1 tbsp real maple syrup
large pinch of ground cumin
pinch of sea salt
Directions: Mix together and serve with your salad of choice! Works well with a Mexican-inspired salad.
Learn more >> sarahmaughan.ca
Tagged: All, Health & Wellness, Healthy Dancer, All